Total Views : 12
Historical documents tell us that during the year 1239, the Emperor Federico II, on his way to Padova, visited Monselice and gave order to establish a “Giostra and Tournament”.
Today, our town’s “Giostra” celebration brings back to life the traditional competitions of skills, strength and dexterity that characterized all medieval festivities of that time. Competitions on archery, the challenge of strength at the huge ‘macine’, the competition of speed in running, the chess tournament, the “Giostra” with staff-in-arm and the tournament on horseback are all typical of the “Palio of Monselice”. Nine are the ‘contrade” or town sections which have brought back to life the trades and skills of the territory in use during medieval times. The “Contrade”, according to a rigid set of rules renewed year-by-year, compete for victory in the diverse skill areas and together participate in the Historical Parade which makes display of itself along town’s streets and alleys. Of particular interest is the faithful reconstruction of the big “war machines” like Towers, catapults, steaming hot pitch cauldrons and minor weaponry. At the Historical Parade participate over 1000 richly costumed individuals. Costumes, weapons, shops, artisans displaying their wares and skills transform Monselice for few hours and bring it back to a medieval era.
- Accommodation for three nights luxury 5* Hotel with pools and spa area
- Half Board at property (breakfast and dinner)
- Transportation from and to the Venice airport upon arrival and departure
- Transportation from your accommodation to Monselice and return
- Entrance fees to the “Quintana”
- Entrance fee and guided visit of the Monselice Castle
- Lunch at the “La Torre” restaurant
- Free use of bicycles and facilities of property of residence
- Descriptive material of area
Not Included: Beverages during lunch and every item not specifically mentioned under “Includes” above.
Opzioni di pagamentoMoneybookers - Carta di credito - Bonifico bancario - American Express - Paypal - Master/ Visa Card -
Giorni : 4 | Notti : 3
- Guide Locali / Mappe
- Ristorante nelle Vicinanze
- Aria centrale / Calore
- Guide / Assistenza
- Intrattenimento dal vivo
- Trasferimenti di Andata e Ritorno
- Aria Condizionata
- Accesso ad Internet
- Partenza e ritorno in Hotel